Q: What are senior standards?
A: A combination of the following:
• Passing grades in 16 high school preparation courses AND
• 18, 19, or 20 composite ACT and top half of high school class rank; OR
• 21 composite ACT or higher with top two-thirds of high school class rank
(WSU does not use the writing portion of the ACT for admissions or scholarship decisions)
Q: How do I send my ACT?
A: Go to www.actstudent.org to make the request (there is a charge for this service). The score is sent electronically to WSU within 7-10 days.
Q: Are essays or letters needed?
A: No. Essays and recommendation letters are not needed for an admissions decision unless the applicant has been denied and is requesting an appeals committee decision.
Q: What do I submit for admissions?
A: Submit all of the following:
• Completed application form, online or paper version
• $20 application fee or fee waiver request from your guidance office
• Official high school transcript sent directly from the school
• Official ACT composite score, sent directly from ACT (WSU school code: 2162)
Q: How do I arrange a visit?
A: We encourage you and your family to experience WSU! We provide talks and tours most Monday-Fridays at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. and selected Saturdays at 10 a.m. Plan to spend about 3 hours with us. You may also visit during open house, showcase, and academic preview days. RSVP online or call to reserve your space at 507.457.5100. We will confirm and send directions and parking information.
When: Oct 17, 18, 24, 25
What: Tours, admissions and academic info
Where: Kryzsko Commons, Main WSU campus