The following is a collection of websites that provide assistance to military veterans who are seeking employment. We realize that student veterans will possess a unique set of skills acquired through active duty and we encourage you to make an appointment with Career Services to help you not only identify your transferrable skills and career goals, but also to help you craft a more “civilian-friendly” resume. The first set of links provides you with some job search web sites, while the second set offers more additional information veteran students may find useful. However, we encourage you to start with the MnSCU My Military GPS LifePlan as you begin the transition to school.
Job Search Web Sites
- My Military - MN State Colleges & Universities GPS LifePlan
- Career Command Post
- Careers in National Defense - Veterans
- GI Jobs
- Key to Career Success
- Military Hire
- Transition Assistance Online
- Veterans' Employment & Training Service (VETS)
- Vet Jobs
- Vets Information Guide
- HUD Veteran Resource Center
- In Their Boots
- Military Resume Tips
- Minnesota Dept. of Health - Veterans
- NAMI Veterans Resource
- National Archives - Veterans
- Resources for Veteran Students and their Families
- SAMHSA Veteran Resources
- Veterans Resource Central
- Veteran Resources for Campus Counseling Professionals
Who Do I Contact?
To set-up a career counseling appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-457-5878, or in person at Career Services at 314 Maxwell. Rochester students call 507-280-5079 or stop in person at SS125. To meet with Veteran's Assistance at WSU contact their Maxwell Hall office at 507-457-5109.