|> > Winona State University > College of Nursing and Health Sciences > Department of Nursing > Doctor of Nursing Practice > Admission Requirements and Timelines|
The applicant seeking admission to the Graduate Programs in Nursing is required to submit the following to:
Graduate Programs in Nursing
Winona State University
859 30th Avenue SE
Rochester, MN 55904
1. A complete application for admission to the Graduate Programs in Nursing. (Please do not attach a resume’ in place of answering questions. Fill out all questions. List “N/A” [not applicable] if question does not pertain to you);
2. DNP and MS candidates submit three (3) references (Graduate Certificate candidates submit two (2) references).
- Applicants are responsible for sending reference forms and ensuring they are received by the Graduate Programs in Nursing by the application deadline date. Please use the forms provided with this application.
- Please give copies of the required reference form to persons identified as references. Applicants please ask your references to complete the reference form, seal it in an envelope, sign their name across the envelope, seal and give/send the envelope with the reference to you. Please submit the sealed reference envelope with your application.
3. A statement of goals (#27 of application);
4. Official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Aptitude Test (if required, see Department Admission Requirements);
5. One official copy of TOEFL score (if international student);
6. Evidence of current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse. Minnesota licensure required for all clinical courses. Other state licenses also required for clinical experiences in those states;
7. Resume’ (for DNP applicants only. Refer to the website for resume’ format instructions. www.winona.edu/graduatenursing.)
8. An interview may be required;
9. Applications must be postmarked by the deadline dates listed below.
The applicant will also need to seek admission to the Office of Graduate Studies. Please submit the following to:
Office of Graduate Studies
Winona State University
PO Box 5838
Winona, MN 55987
1. A complete DNP/MS/MA Application for Admission form must be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies. This application may be found at: www.winona.edu/gradstudies/forms.asp
2. APPLICATION FEE: A $20, non–refundable application fee is required the first time students apply for admission to Winona State University. Make check payable to: Winona State University.
3. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: One (1) official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work must be sent directly from each institution(s) you attended. (Graduate Certificate requires MS conferred degree transcript only.)
4. Deadline dates listed below apply for submitting this application to the Office of Graduate Studies.
Master’s and DNP Nursing Programs: Submission of application, transcripts and other required materials must be postmarked by November 15th for fall semester enrollment.
Graduate Certificate Programs: Submission of applications, transcripts and other required materials must be postmarked by November 1st for fall semester enrollment.
RN to MS Professional Pathway Program: Submission of application, transcripts and other required material must be postmarked by October 15th for fall semester enrollment. (Students must have prior approval from WSU’s BSN Program before applying to the MSN program. Please contact the WSU Baccalaureate Nursing Program with questions at 507.285.7349.)
STUDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
Admission to the Graduate programs is competitive. The strength of the applicant’s background and documentation of her/his experience as presented in the application materials will be considered in the application review process. In addition to the application, qualified applicants may be asked to participate in an interview with program faculty.
Last Modified: Friday, December 06, 2013 3:09 PM
Winona State University | P.O. Box 5838 | Winona, MN 55987 | TTY: 877-627-3848 | 1-800-342-5978 | email@example.com