New Employee Checklist - Rochester Campus
Welcome to Winona State University! We are delighted to have you join our community. The checklist below will ensure that your employment gets off to a smooth start. If you should have any questions about this or any other information related to your employment, please use the university toll-free number: 1.800.DIAL.WSU or contact the Human Resources Department directly at 507.457.5005. The WSU Home Page is located at www.winona.edu/rochester.
Your assigned department will complete these processing steps for you:
- Keys: Obtain and have your office keys available for you.
- Phone: Establish a telephone number and request a long distance ID code for your use.
- Network Account: Forward your network data (includes your username and WSU email address).
These are the steps that you should complete in a timely manner:
- I-9: Employment is contingent upon you providing evidence of your identity and employment eligibility to the Human Resources Office within three days of the date of your employment begins (copies are not acceptable). You may contact Kristi Ziegler (507.285.7157) to complete your I-9 on the Rochester Campus or the Human Resources Office (507.457.5005) if completing the form in Winona.
- HR: Please contact the Human Resources Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your address has changed.
- WSU ID: Obtain your university ID card (Warrior ID) at the Hub, located in Maxwell 227. This card will contain your Tech ID that is needed to obtain your class lists, access to D2L, etc.
- Laptop: Schedule an appointment to pick up your laptop at Tech Support.
- Class Management: Use Employee e-Services to view your Class Management and Grading tools.
- Textbooks: Textbooks for your courses should be ordered as soon as possible. Please connect with your department assistant or Pat Wolfgram at the UCR Bookstore at 507.280.5525.
- Parking: Purchase a University Center Rochester parking permit at the Cashier’s office in our Student Services area.
- State Vehicle: If you would like to reserve a university-issued vehicle at any time during your employment at WSU you must have a valid driver’s license. Please read and complete a Driver Approval form if applicable – information and form can be found on Winona State Travel.
Other Items of Interest and Resources:
- Calendar: View the WSU Academic Personnel Deadline Calendar.
- Payroll: To obtain information regarding personal data such as payroll and benefit enrollment, please visit the Minnesota Self-Service Home Page.
- Training & Support: For training and support with technology, visit the Teaching, Learning and Technology (TLT) Department for help.
- Maps: View a map of the WSU-Rochester Campus.
- Regional Data: View information and profiles of the City of Rochester and for the City of Winona including housing information.
For additional information or assistance at WSU-Rochester, please connect with us at 1.800.366.5418 or direct dial 507.285.7100 or check out your faculty handbook provided by your administrative assistant.