New Employee Checklist - Winona Campus
Welcome to Winona State University! We are delighted to have you join our community. The checklist below will ensure that your employment gets off to a smooth start. If you should have any questions about this or any other information related to your employment, please use the university toll-free number: 1.800.DIAL.WSU or contact the Human Resources Department directly at 507.457.5005. The WSU Home Page is located at www.winona.edu
Your assigned department will complete these processing steps for you:
- Keys: Obtain and have your office keys available for you.
- Phone: Establish a telephone number and request a long distance ID code for your use.
- Network Account: Forward your network data (includes your username and WSU email address).
These are the steps that you should complete in a timely manner:
- I-9: Employment is contingent upon you providing evidence of your identity and employment eligibility to the Human Resources Office within three days of the date of your employment begins (copies are not acceptable). You may contact Kristi Ziegler (507.285.7157) to complete your I-9 on the Rochester Campus or the Human Resources Office (507.457.5005) if completing the form in Winona.
- HR: Please contact the Human Resources Office (email@example.com) if your address has changed.
- WSU ID: Obtain your university ID card (Warrior ID) at the Hub, located in Maxwell 227. This card will contain your Tech ID that is needed to obtain your class lists, access to D2L, etc.
- Laptop: If your position requires a laptop, an online request form may have been submitted by your department's office manager. If this has not already occurred, once you have your printed assignment go to the Tech Support website and complete your own form. Once the form has been submitted a Distribution Session can be signed up for by calling x5240
- Class Management: Use Employee e-Services to view your Class Management and Grading tools.
- Textbooks: Textbooks for your courses should be ordered as soon as possible. Please refer to the Textbook Order Form and contacts on the WSU Staff & Faculty Bookstore site.
- Parking: Identify your transportation options and/or apply for a parking permit at Parking Services.
- State Vehicle: If you would like to reserve a university-issued vehicle at any time during your employment at WSU you must have a valid driver’s license. Please read and complete a Driver Approval form if applicable – information and form can be found on Winona State Travel.
- Calendar: View the WSU Academic Personnel Deadline Calendar.
- Payroll: To obtain information regarding personal data such as payroll and benefit enrollment, please visit the Minnesota Self-Service Home Page.
- Training & Support: For training and support with technology, visit the Teaching, Learning and Technology (TLT) Department.
- Maps: View a map of the WSU Campus. Regional Data: View information and profile of the City of Winona, including housing information.