- Reallocation/Change in Classification Request Form
- Current position description
- Memo from Supervisor
- Revised position description using current Classified template
- Organizational Chart
Classified Position Descriptions - (AFSCME, MAPE, MMA, MNA, Managerial Plan) (pdf) - Provides an overview, examples, and FAQs regarding the process of writing a Classified Position Description.
- Classified PD Overview (PDF) - Provides an overview of the PD process as well as commonly used terminology.
- Procedure for a Reclassification Request (PDF) - What exactly is Reclassification? Here it is defined and the procedure provided.
- Reallocation / Change in Classification Request Form (PDF) - If you are requesting a Reallocation or Change in Classification, please complete this form with your supervisor.
- Classified Position Description Form (Word Doc) - Here is the template for a Classified PD.
- Action Word Definitions for Position Descriptions (PDF) - Avoid ambiguity or misunderstanding by referring to these PD Action Words.
- Employee and Supervisor Checklists (PDF) - It is imperative that the employee and supervisor review PDs together for accuracy and shared understanding.
- FAQ (pdf) - Please refer here for some of the more frequently asked questions regarding PDs and the process.
- Job Class Specifications - (MMB Website) - Refer here for a general description of the kind of work performed by employees in each classification.
To assign new ASF positions to a salary range and to review and, where appropriate, change the salary range of an existing positions the following items must be submitted to Human Resources:
Memo from Supervisor
Revised position description using current ASF Position Description template
Position Analysis Questionnaire
Resources to assist you in the process:
Contact Human Resources if you have questions.