CHOICES is a brief alcohol abuse prevention and harm reduction program for college students involving interactive journaling. The CHOICES program is presented in a non-confrontational manner that enables students to make their own decisions about alcohol consumption.
Throughout the 120-minute course, students will:
- Participate in activities that engage the student and provide tools to make informed decisions about drinking
- Be able to reflect on what they have learned as it relates to their choices about drinking
- Be asked to apply what they have learned in a series of self-reflective questions
How to Sign Up
Sign up for Choices. Use the password "Winonastate" to enter the sign up page.
Spring 2017 Schedule: Mondays 11am - 1pm and Tuesdays 4:30 - 6:30pm
To successfully complete the course:
1. Students must complete the online pre assessment sent via email prior to course date and time.
2. Attend the course in full (120 minutes).
3. Students must complete the online post assessment sent via email within seven days of the course.
4. If students fail to complete post test, hold will remain on their account until the survey has been completed. Students will need to contact Health Promotion after seven days to receive a new link to the survey.
Course Locations: Course locations vary. Please check your course ticket for location.
Attendance Policy: Students who arrive more than five minutes late will not be allowed to participate and must reschedule the course. Students must stay the entire 120 minutes. Any student who leaves early will need to repeat the course at a later date. Students who have not completed the online pre-assessment will not be allowed to participate and must reschedule the course. Students who show up but have not signed up, will not be allowed to participate.
Please Note: Failure to attend your scheduled CHOICES class may subject you to further disciplinary action, which may include an increase in community service hours.
Cost of Attendance: The cost of attending Choices: Getting the Facts Course is $63 charged to student accounts. All students sanctioned by the University to complete Choices: Getting the Facts Course are automatically charged the course fee. Students needing to complete an alcohol education course to fulfill outside requirements are welcomed to take Choices: Getting the Facts and will be charged $63 to their student account. To enroll for outside requirements or for billing questions about billing, please contact Health & Wellness Services at 507.457.5160.
Questions: Contact Kelsey Plese, Health Promotion Graduate Assistant for Alcohol & Other Drug Education at 507.457.2820.