The Appeal Process
- All appeals must be filed within 10 days from the date the citation was received.
- An appeal is reviewed by the Appeal Coordinator.
- The Appeal Coordinator evaluates the appeal based on applicable WSU parking regulations.
- The appellant is informed by e-mail of the Appeal Coordinator's decision.
- If a Step One Appeal has been denied, the individual receiving the citation may file a written appeal to the Appeal Committee. This committee is appointed by the President. The committee elects the chairperson. In addition, a representative from Parking Services, a non-voting member, will be present for informational purposes. The decision of the Appeal Committee is final.
- This appeal must be received by the Parking Office within 10 days of receiving the findings of the Appeal Coordinator (Step One).
Although certain types of appeals are generally not accepted (refer to Unacceptable Extenuating Circumstances), any citation may be appealed. Payment of a citation under appeal is suspended without penalty during the appeal process. A completed appeals form must be received in the Parking Office within 10 days from the date the citation was issued. Late fines do not accrue until the appellant has received notice of the hearing decision.
Definitions of Rulings
Upheld means that the citation has been upheld as valid under WSU parking regulations and payment is due.
Reduced means that there was a violation of WSU parking regulations, but mitigating circumstances presented in your appeal warrant a reduced fine. Payment of the reduced fine is required.
Dismissed means that the appeal was approved and the fine was waived.