Family members should:
- Record student’s address, phone and e-mail address. Discuss having regularly scheduled phone call times
- Check homeowner insurance for coverage of student belongings; or consider renter's insurance
- Record serial numbers and take photos of expensive items before moving them
- Check with health insurance carrier on consequences of part time enrollment status
- Send immunization information and any necessary health information to WSU Health Services
- Decide about any recommended immunizations
- Discuss with your student who is paying for what; and how parent will access billing information as needed
- Discuss move-in day arrangements with the whole family
- Think about care packages and family visit times
- Learn how WSU communicates in an emergency situation and discuss how your family might keep in touch if a situation occurs
- Make plans for family weekend-- motels/hotels, transportation, etc.
- Know Warrior (tech) ID, PIN, and passwords
- Have your original social security card, birth certificate or passport for employment forms
- Contact roommate(s) if applicable, and arrange who will be bringing big items
- Complete the S.A.F.E. online course (contact WSU Health Services)
- Have copies of warranties or service agreements (if applicable)
- Have insurance card and information for vehicle. Or Go Green and bring a bike instead!
- Have copy of health insurance card. WSU offers optional health insurance and some services are provided by student fees
- Have a month's supply of prescription medications, and know where to refill them.
- Complete all financial aid forms, including signed award letter, and online direct loan promissory note
- Plan to stay in Winona for the critical first six weekends (recommended for successful friendships and fun)