Important Dates for New Students
Welcome to Winona State University! Here are some important dates to keep in mind as you countdown the days to your first semester at WSU in Fall 2015.
- You may begin to apply for housing and send $250 refundable pre-payment as soon as you are admitted and have housing info in the mail. Do this ASAP if you have building preferences
- Academic scholarship offers go out continuously, beginning about 4 weeks after admission
- Create or visit your myWSU page to get information selected for you
- Visit campus while classes are in session if you can
- Complete and submit the FAFSA after January 1, 2015
- Attend programs such as Admitted Student Days Fridays in Feb., PALS weekend: TBA
- June 15: Room assignment and roommate info available
- June 2015: Freshman New Student Registration. RSVP required for your one-day experience. Invitation mailed in early May. At that time you will learn how to declare a major or transition from pre-business, pre-education, pre-nursing or pre-athletic training status into those programs
- Throughout July: Special laptop and iPad pickup by appointment if needed
- July 1: Deadline for housing pre-payment refund. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 18, 2015 Last opportunity for New Student Freshman Registration
- August 18, 2015: Move-in day!
- New student orientation on campus
- Classes begin August 24, 2015
For a complete list of important dates for the entire academic year, review the Academic Calendar.