Important Dates for New Students
Welcome to Winona State University! Here are some important dates to keep in mind as you countdown the days to your first semester at WSU in Fall 2015.
- Upon Admission: You may begin to apply for housing and send $250 refundable pre-payment. Do this ASAP if you have building preferences
- About 4 weeks after admission: Academic scholarship offers go out continuously
- Create or visit your myWSU page to get information selected for you
- Visit campus while classes are in session if you can
- Jan. 1, 2015: Complete and submit the FAFSA
- Jan. 25 - 26: Stay overnight and attend classes with a student host during Pals Weekend
- Attend Admitted Student Day
Feb. 6 for Nursing & Health Services
Feb. 13 for Liberal Arts/Deciding
Feb. 20 for Science/Engineering/Business
Feb. 27 for Education
- June 15: Room assignment and roommate info available
- June 15 - 19: Freshman New Student Registration. RSVP for a one-day experience. Invitation mailed early May. That day you will register for classes, learn how to declare a major or transition from pre-business, pre-education, pre-nursing or pre-athletic training status into those programs
- Throughout July: Special laptop and iPad pickup by appointment if needed
- July 1: Deadline for housing pre-payment refund. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 18, 2015 Last opportunity for New Student Freshman Registration
- August 18, 2015: Move-in day!
- New student orientation on campus
- Aug. 24, 2015 Classes begin
For a complete list of important dates for the entire academic year, review the Academic Calendar.