Parent and Family Resources
The college years are your student's time to learn and grow as an individual in an environment conducive to learning on many levels. Whether it be learning how to navigate through campus, writing a A-worthy paper or reaching out and making new friends, many opportunities for growth will come quickly, starting with your student's first week at WSU.
We invite you to support your student's success by staying connected and encouraging them take advantage of the many resources WSU has to offer.
Communicate & Connect
Stay in touch with what’s going on at WSU. Connect with us in a variety of ways, including:
- Facebook: The Winona State Parents and Family page will keep you up to date on information to help you support your student. Remember to “like” the WSU Facebook page to see more about what’s going on around our campus.
- Star Alert: This text-messaging system will keep you in the loop in case of emergencies on campus or in the Winona area. Encourage your student to sign up as well!
- WSU Blogs: Hear from other WSU students about their successes, challenges and insights—it’s a great way to get more information about what your student may be experiencing while they are here.
- Stay up-to-date with the Parents and Family Newsletter (PDF).
Important Dates & Events
Here's how to keep up to date with WSU happenings:
- Academic Calendar: The calendar focuses on registration, billing, course-related, graduation and other important due dates and deadlines.
- Events: There are many fun and exciting events going on at our campus every day. See them all in the Event Calendar.
- Financial Aid Timelines: These infographics provide specific information regarding state, federal and institutional financial aid, including application and disbursement for the full academic year (PDF) and summer sessions (PDF).
- Commencement: The day your student graduates is an important moment of achievement and celebration. Get all the details on WSU's commencement ceremonies.
Want More Information?
If you still have some questions or don't see what you're looking for, check out Ask WSU. This online help center provides answers to many frequently asked questions and offers a live chat feature.
You can also call or email the Office of the Dean of Students with questions at email@example.com or 507.457.5300.