We request this preparation for high school students:
16 High School Preparation Requirements
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (2 years algebra; 1 year geometry)
- 3 years of science (1 year biological science; 1 year chemistry or physics; all should include labs)
- 3 years of social studies (including 1 year U.S. history)
- 2 years of same world language (American Sign Language accepted; no sampler/review courses)
- 1 year of specified electives (world cultures, computer science, arts, music)
ACT or SAT Score and Class Rank Requirements
A student should also have:
- Composite ACT of 21 or higher with cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Composite ACT of 18, 19, or 20 with cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
We urge all students, especially those eligible for academic scholarships, to apply early.
Admission to the University is the first step. Some degree programs may have additional standards for entrance into the major after you are enrolled at WSU. These include College of Business and College of Education degrees; and Nursing, Social Work, and Athletic Training majors.