Visiting Student Agreement

Students are classified as undergraduate visiting students if 

  • they are taking undergraduate courses for enrichment or general interest
  • they are enrolled at another college or university and want to earn WSU credit to transfer back to their current institution
  • or they will only be visiting and have no intention of earning a WSU degree.  

Applicants must provide the following:

Complete a visiting student agreement form.  A link to a printable form can be found on the WSU Registrar webpage.  (NOTE:  This is NOT an application for high school students.  High school students must use the step by step guide, create an account online and complete the online application.)  Questions about the form can be directed to the WSU Warrior Hub at 507-457-2800.

The student must submit transcripts of previous college work or a Statement of Good Standing if the WSU credit will be transferred to another institution.

The admissions decision is based on the same standards established for students entering directly from high school, or if applicable, for transfer or adult entry students.


MnSCU Visiting Students

If you are a current student at another MnSCU college/university, you may be able to register at WSU as a visiting student using your eServices account.  Log in using your account at your current MnSCU school.  Select Courses and Registration and then search for a course.  In the dropdown for college/university, select Winona State. Find your desired course and select the add button (plus sign) on the left.  Follow the steps on the top to register. You will receive an email within 3 business days with your WSU student ID number. 


  • Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid at the visit school.  Check with your home campus regarding aid
  • Follow all listed pre-requisite rules
  • Placement tests and orientation programs are not mandatory for visiting students
  • You may want to check to see how the WSU course(s) transfer to your home campus before enrolling