WSU Adult Students conversing with a knowledgeable faculty memeber on campus.

Adult Entry Advising

The WSU Adult Entry Program (AEP) Advising Center, offered through the Adult & Continuing Education Department, provides adult students with one-on-one advising and support to help students get started at WSU. AEP advisors share valuable information on WSU programs and services, help you select the appropriate courses and answer any questions you may have.

Explore this site to learn more and give us a call today to schedule an appointment with an AEP advisor.

The AEP Getting Started Checklist (PDF) is your step-by-step guide covering:

  • what you need to do before your AEP advising appointment
  • what you can expect at your appointment
  • what you'll need to accomplish before classes begin

Make sure you review this checklist prior to your advising appointment to ensure you have completed the necessary steps and are ready to proceed with the registration process. Also, before your appointment please review the DARS Report Tutorial so you are better prepared to identify and plan for your academic needs and goals.

To set up an AEP advising appointment please contact:

Adult & Continuing Education
Somsen Hall 209

Please note that placement testing (ACT or Accuplacer) or equivalent transfer coursework is required before you register for English or math courses.

Students at WSU register for courses using the online registration system. The WSU Online Orientation Academic Module walks you through the entire registration process including accessing web registration, logging in, entering your registration access code, finding classes, registering, and more (Note: the narrated guide may take a minute to load).

Please review the FAQs for helpful facts regarding class prerequisites, registration holds, the "blue card" process, and additional information.


If you have not yet applied to Winona State University as an adult entry student, please apply online and submit your application fee and transcripts to the Office of Admissions.

If you are already admitted to the university, but need to declare or change your major/minor, complete the Declaration or Change of Major/Minor form available at the Warrior Hub, Maxwell 210 in Winona or Student Services, SS128, in Rochester.

Explore available majors or minors on the Winona and Rochester campuses.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) dictates that the university and its agents (faculty, staff, administrators) are not allowed to share educational information about any student without the student's prior consent. If you wish to have the university provide educational record information to individuals you authorize, you must complete a FERPA Authorization to Access Educational Record form (PDF).


Find Us on Facebook.

One great way to connect is to join the WSU Adult Entry Student Facebook Group, a closed group available to WSU adult students only.

Join the group to meet other adult students, ask questions, make suggestions, or simply receive notices on important dates and events from Adult Entry Program (AEP) advisors. It is an ideal way for students who aren’t able to get on campus to make connections.


Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) provides a variety of services and options to students enrolled within this system.

Visit the following sites to learn more: