Welcome to Winona State University
- Are you starting or returning to college after being out of school for a few or even many years?
- Are you older than the traditional college student?
- Are you juggling multiple priorities such as school, work, and family?
- Are you finishing a degree to help you progress in your current career or to change careers?
If you have already been admitted to WSU and you answered "yes" to any one of these questions, then this information is for you! We are glad you have selected Winona State and invite you to take a moment to view a welcome message from WSU President Scott Olson.
We know that school is only one part of your busy life. This WSU Adult Student website has been developed specifically for you as a one-stop-resource for everything you need to know to get your program off to a strong start.
Your first step is to become acquainted with important upcoming dates and sign up for registration events.
Registration Events (Mandatory)
Attend a registration event to meet with an advisor, set up an initial class schedule and register for classes. Attendance is mandatory, and you have a variety of options from which to select (choose one):
- Adult Evening Registration is a registration event available to adult students only. Students starting in Fall 2014 would attend the June 9, 2014 event. For more details contact the Outreach and Continuing Education Department at 507.457.5080.
- Transfer Registration Days are daytime registration events for adult entry students and students who have transfer credits from another college or university. If you qualify, you will receive an invitation by mail and can RSVP online.
- Meeting with an Adult Entry Program (AEP) Advisor is a one-on-one advising appointment for adult students only. You may set up an advising appointment with an AEP advisor by contacting the Outreach and Continuing Education Department at 507.457.5080.
- Registration for Rochester Campus Programs are evening registration events. If you are enrolled in a program located on the WSU-Rochester campus, contact Rochester Student and Campus Services to learn more about registration events at that location.
Transfer Student Workshop (Optional)
Make the most of your experience at Winona State by attending a one-day workshop for transfer students. This event is designed to get you acquainted with all that the Winona State campus has to offer and give you the opportunity to meet other new WSU transfer students.
The next step is to complete the WSU Online Orientation, a tutorial designed to help you learn important information on topics such as registering for classes, paying for college, and how to effectively use your WSU technologies. This module must be completed before you start your classes, and we highly recommend that you do so prior to participating in your selected registration event.
Finally, take some time to navigate the helpful resources available on this site to get help with your questions and learn more about joining the adult student community –your opportunity to get engaged with WSU students like you.