To enhance your academic and career success, we have provided you with this convenient list of resources. We encourage you to regularly use the campus resources.
Registering for Classes
Registering for classes can be confusing and overwhelming. Take a deep breath. The following links and tools can help you make the most of your sessions with your advisor, figure out which classes to enroll in and plan your schedule so that it works for you.
Student Advising Information
Please become familiar with this helpful information in preparation for web registration planning.
- Advising Main Page
- Course Registration Information
- Important Dates
- General Education Program/University Studies Requirements
- Definition of Good Academic Standing
- Online Course Catalog
- Student Schedule Planning Sheet (PDF)
- Math & English Placement Information/Testing
- Foreign Language Placement Information (PDF)
- Departmental Preferences for CMST 191 or CMST 192 (PDF)
- Tips on Meeting with Your Advisor (PDF)
- Advising Syllabus (PDF)
- Scheduling an Appointment with Your Academic Advisor (PDF)
- PSEO Information
- Web Registration and DARS (PDF)
Student Advising Tools
Check out these tools which are helpful to you and your academic success.
Exploring Majors & Careers
Four-Year Career Development Plan (4-Step Plan)
The Four Year Career Development Plan (4-Step Plan) provides a template to help guide your freshman-to-senior year academic and career planning. Note: *The academic advisor in the Department of your major is the best source of information for both questions and course selection for a specific major. The online WSU course catalog is another tool to use for information pertinent to specific majors.
Job & Career Preparation
Finding A Job
- Warrior Jobs
- Job and Career Fairs
- Local Job & Volunteer Organizations
- WSU Campus Jobs – Student2Work
- Job Search Links (by Industry)
- Job Seekers with Disabilities
Transfer Student Information
Additional Campus Resources
There is more to Winona State University than classes and career planning. The following links can help you to explore what else WSU has to offer.
- Access Services for Students with Disabilities Access Services provides students with disabilities the assistance they need in order to succeed at WSU.
- Athletics Check out the Athletics website for schedules and more from your favorite sports so you never miss a home game.
- Bookstore The WSU Bookstore is your source for textbooks, gift items, art supplies, WSU apparel and more.
- Career Services Career Services will help you to find your calling.
- Counseling & Wellness Services Need some advice? Need to get something off of your chest? Counseling & Wellness Services can help you sort things out.
- Financial Aid Financial Aid can help you get the resources you need to stay in school.
- First Generation Warrior Club The federal definition for a first generation student is any student where neither parent has earned a 4-year degree. If this definition describes you, then you are a Winona State First-Gen Warrior!
- Health and Wellness Services Feeling under the weather? Health and Wellness Services is the place to go.
- Housing and Residence Life Learn about WSU's residence halls and other housing programs.
- Integrated Wellness Complex Choose a fitness program, get some personal training or enjoy some massage therapy at the IWC.
- Inclusion and Diversity Help raise awareness and promote cultural understanding through the Inclusion and Diversity office.
- International Services International Services provides students with additional resources for achieving success at WSU.
- LGBT Resources LGBT Resources provides information on raising awareness and bringing equality to the workplace for members of the LGBT community.
- Library Whether you are getting ahead or catching up, the library is a great place for finding reference materials or that perfect quiet place to study.
- Parking Services Want a place to park your car on campus? Parking Services sells parking each April.
- Security Services If you need a door unlocked or want an escort across the campus, Security Services it there to help 24/7.
- Student Clubs Get active and get involved with one of WSUs Student Clubs.
- Student Life & Development Student Life & Development focuses on helping students to achieve success and become an active member in the global community.
- Student Resource Center The Student Resource Center will help you with any questions you might have about WSU, whether you are a current student, a prospective student or a parent.
- Student Support Services Student Support Services aims to help students on their path to graduation.
- Veterans Resources Veterans Resources provides assistance to military veterans who are seeking employment.
- Technical Support Center The Technical Support Center is the place to go for technical support, including computer problems and hardware and software issues.
- Tutoring Services (Library 220) Tutoring is available for any discipline. Don't be shy.
- Math Achievement Center (Tau 313 West Campus) The Math Achievement Center is your stop for extra math help.
- Writing Center (Minne 348) Need help with your writing? The Writing Center has you covered.
- Warrior Hub The Warrior Hub provides assistance to students with financial air, records and registration, student accounts and student employment.
- Warrior Success Center The Warrior Success Center also aims to help students on their path to graduation, with information on advising services, career services, tutoring and more.
- Wazoo's List Wazoo's List is a Facebook Group that is like a Craigslist for WSU. The group is only open to members of the WSU Community.
Upcoming Events Calendar
Health & Wellness Promotions http://www.winona.edu/healthpromotion/
Inclusion and Diversity http://www.winona.edu/inclusion-diversity/events.asp