During this Spring Break, ride a rickshaw, climb the Great Wall, cruise the Huangpu River, visit the panda breeding center, tour businesses and experience Chinese culture. Visit business and cultural sites in 4 major Chinese cities from March 3 - March 12, 2017. Students in all majors are welcome!
Travel Study counts as 3 credits. Credits will count as general electives or credits in Business Administration major, Human Resources major or management minor. Pre-trip meetings prior to departure.
Some of the Travel Study highlights include:
- Beijing: Northern China, capital city/political center, home to many ancient cultural sites such as the Great Wall
- Chengdu: Southwest China, major economic and technology center, branches for over 250 Fortune 500 companies and home to Giant Pandas
- Shanghai & Suzhou: East China, China’s commercial and financial center, largest Chinese city fueled by economic development and modernization
ItineraryLeave the U.S. for China March 3, 2017.
Arrive in Beijing March 4
||Arrive in Beijing.|
||Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Flower market, residential tour of Hutong by rickshaw, Calligraphy class, Wal-Mart Store visit and Local food street at night.
||Juyongguan Great Wall, Sacred Way, Jade Factory, flight to Chengdu.
Arrive in Chengdu March 7
||Arrive in Chengdu. Giant Panda breeding research facility, Cooking class and tasting, People's park, Mahjong study, Jinli or Broad Narrow Alley, sample local food for dinner.
||Jinli or Broad Narrow Alley, New Century mall - world's largest building, Premium auto dealership, Flight to Shanghai, bus ride to Suzhou.
Arrive in Shanghai March 9
||Tour of RTP, Benchmark Electronics, Grand Canal boat tour, bus ride to Shanghai.
||FASTCO, Coke tour, Yu Garden at the Old Quarter, Tea Ceremony, Shanghai circus world ERA intersection of time show.
||Shanghai Center, Shanghai Urban Planning and Exhibition Museum, Hongfang Creative Industrial Zone (Arts), Silk Museum, shopping, The Bund, Huangpu River Night Cruise, Subway ride.
||Maglev Museum, Maglev train to airport, flight back to U.S.
|$3641 (after scholarship)
China Travel Study cost includes:
|• 4 Star-Hotel accommodations
• All meals
• Admission fees for all site visits
• Local transportation and tour guides
• Company visits and meetings
• Flights - International and between cities
• Visa and Travel insurance
• 3-credit course tuition for the Travel Study course
• *Each student will be awarded a $500 scholarship from the Business Administration Dept.
Financial aid may be available to eligible students.
For Financial Aid questions contact Dana Engel at DEngel@winona.edu, International Programs Maxwell Hall.