Making a Purchase
- A Field Order form is picked up from the Business Office front desk (Somsen 205)
- These must be presented to the vendor at time of purchase and/or delivery
- Purchase must be under $2000
- Food purchases require additional documentation
Things to Remember:
- Both purchaser and vendor sign the field order form and a copy is given to the vendor.
- One of the 2 signatures must be the responsible person for the Cost Center listed.
NOTE: Kmart, Walmart, Sam’s Club and Fleet Farm do NOT accept Field Order forms.
12/15/2014 Update: Winona Target has recently begun accepting Field Purchase Orders.
- Less Than $2,000
- $50,000 or More
Purchasing cards (p-cards) are used for Supply items ONLY and cannot exceed $3000.
Before applying for a purchasing card, you must complete the Purchasing Card Training with the Purchasing Director (see contacts). Applications are located in the Business Office (Somsen 205).
Each cardholder is responsible for retaining and turning in the appropriate receipts (attached to statement) and signatures on the weekly statement he or she receives from the Business Office.
Collect and save all receipts from purchases made.
For more information on purchasing cards, including information on appropriate use, visit the Purchasing Card User Manual page.