For help filling out your Employee expense report, refer to the expense report page.
- Breakfast - in travel status overnight or when the trip begins before 6:00am
- Lunch - in travel status and more than 35 miles from work station through the normal lunch period
- Dinner - in travel status overnight or when the trip ends after 7pm
- Times of departure and return must be indicated on the Expense Report (Excel) for all meal reimbursement requests
- Mileage will be reimbursed for the shortest direct route from your home “work” location to your destination or your “residence”, whichever is shorter.
- Requested but no State Vehicle was available – 53.5 cents per mile effective Jan. 1, 2017
- Choose to drive your own vehicle – 46.5 cents per mile effective Jan. 1, 2017
- Long distance driving reimbursement is limited to the lowest round trip airfare. Contact the Business Office for a quote.
- Employees must submit the itemized receipts for lodging showing the detail of charges with their Expense Report (Excel).
- Employees must not accept any lodging benefits/rewards for personal use. Lodging membership programs are occasionally connected to airline programs. Be aware that you have not accepted any reward points from a State purchase. Review your receipt carefully.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Annual fees and interest for personal credit cards
- Late payment fees or interest on state-issued corporate credit cards
- Expenses of traveling companions or family members
- Expenses related to vacation or personal days while traveling
- Loss or theft of personal cash or property
- Entertainment or amusement costs, movies, optional travel or baggage insurance, parking or traffic tickets, commuting mileage or costs, health/fitness club fees, towing/repairs of personal vehicles
- Incomplete or incorrect expense reports or expense entry in
All reimbursements must be pre-approved through the Business Office.
- Purchases under $100 may be reimbursed by a Petty Cash Form (PDF)
- Purchases over $100 may be reimbursed by using a 1400 Form (PDF)
Expenditures not reimbursable with petty cash funds include:
- Postage/shipping charges
- Travel expenses
- Meals or any food items
- Salaries or honorariums