Finding a part-time job as a student or full-time job after graduation can be overwhelming and intimidating. But Career Services is available to help you through the process. Here are some frequently asked questions about Career Services, what we offer, and how we can help you.
What can Career Services do for me?
- Choosing a major
- Locating and applying for a job and/or internship - Register with Warrior Jobs!
- Creating or updating your Resume and cover letter
- Designing a portfolio
- Preparing for an Interview
- Creating a graduate school essay
- Negotiating salary
- Creating a LinkedIn account
- All other questions you have regarding your career development
Schedule an appointment to meet one-to-one with an advisor or stop by Career Services office in Winona or Rochester.
Are your services going to cost me money?
How would I set up an appointment to see a career advisor?
I have no idea what to major in, what can I do?
I do not qualify for work study, are there other on-campus jobs available?
How can I find out about on-campus jobs?
On campus positions are posted on our Warrior Jobs system. Your username is your WSU email address, for first-time log-in simply select "Forgot my password". After you login and personalize your account you'll want to:
- Upload your resume to use for applications (go to "My Account" - "My Documents")
- Go to "Job Search" and under Position Type select all types that apply to your search (i.e. Student Help or Work-Study)
- Select the green "Search" button