Other Resources and Links
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) – Largest professional organization for pathologists and laboratory professionals whose mission is to educate, certify, and advocate for the laboratory profession. ASCP provides national certification for the Medical Laboratory Science profession.
- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS) – The primary national organization that represents the laboratory profession by providing professional development and continuing education, advocating for the profession, and setting standards.
- American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science – Minnesota (ASCLS MN) – The state ASCLS organization that promotes all aspects of the clinical laboratory profession.
- National Accrediting Agency of Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) – NAACLS is the accrediting agency for laboratory educational programs. This agency standardizes the requirements for educational programs as well as providing support and continuing educational opportunities to educational programs, students, and industry.
- HealthForce MN – A collaborative healthcare partnership between education, industry, and the community. The collaboration focuses on numerous healthcare issues such as building education and industry capacity and expanding diversity in healthcare workers.
- Minnesota Laboratory Career Portal – A website designed to provide information on the laboratory profession and current activities in Minnesota’s laboratory community.
- LABSAREVITAL – A global program sponsored by Abbott Diagnostics and other partners designed to advocate for the profession providing information regarding issues facing the laboratory profession, tools to advocate for the profession, and site to celebrate the laboratory profession.
- Health Occupations Students of America (MN HOSA) – HOSA is a student organization and instructional program designed to inform and provide high schools students with the basic skills for entry into a health career field.
Clinical Laboratory Science
Pasteur Hall 220
Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
5600 N River Rd