GetHeadline="Accounting Department Home Page"
Chairperson: Mr. Frederic Ihrke
323E Somsen Hall- Winona State University
Winona, MN 55987-5838
The basic purpose of the accounting program is to prepare students for careers in business and government, with an emphasis on preparation for professional certification (e.g., CPA, CMA).
- Complete all coursework and satisfy all other WSU requirements for a B. S. in Accounting.
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours of 300/400-level Accounting courses at WSU.
- Achieve a grade of "C" or better in all courses counted toward the major.
- At either the beginning or end of the last semester of undergraduate work, have both a 2.50 GPA and a 2.50 in Accounting courses.
- Complete a minimum of 50% of the College of Business credits required for the accounting major at WSU.
- Sixty-four non-business credits are required for the accounting major. The mathematics/statistics courses (six semester credits maximum) and economics courses (nine semester credits maximum) required for the accounting major may be counted toward the 64 non-business credits.
Pass/No Credit Courses
Courses offered on a Pass/No Credit Only or Grade Only basis are so designated. All courses in the major and minor must be taken on a Grade Only basis except for Internships. The P/NC option is available to non-majors unless otherwise noted.
University Studies Flag Requirements (12 S.H.)
Students may use Flag courses to satisfy both University Studies and major requirements; flag courses will usually be in the student's major or minor program. University Studies Flag requirements are as follows: Oral Flag- 3 S.H., Math/Critical Analysis Flag - 3 S.H., and Writing Flag - 6 S.H. The Department of Accounting offers the following flag course in the University Studies Program:
The department's major is available through the 2 + 2 Program at the Rochester Center.
Last Modified: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:57 by Lauren Sturdivant