The Jed Foundation is the leading nonprofit organization working to reduce the rate of suicide and the prevalence of emotional distress among college students.
Find out more about the transition from high school to college.
This helpful guide provides information for parents about college drinking.
College Parents of America.
Minnesota Transfer information on how students can transfer credits between Minnesota institutions.
Occupational Outlook Handbook career information on skills/education requirements and salary estimates.
Books for Parents of College-Bounds Students
Suggested by the National Association for College Admission Counseling
- Letting Go: A Parent's Guide to Understanding the College Years, by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger
- When Your Kid Goes to College, by Carol Barkin
- Almost Grown: Launching Your Child From High School to College, by Patricia Pasick
- Empty Nest, Full Heart: The Journey from Home to College, by Andrea Van Steenhouse
- Don't Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money: The Essential Parenting Guide to the College Years, by Helen E. Johnson and Christine Schelhas-Miller
- Campus Daze, by George Gibbs
- The College Guide for Parents, by Charles Shield