Studying Economics at WSUWSU’s Economics department is noted for
- innovative teaching
- incorporation of theory and model
- an emphasis on applying knowledge to solve real-world challenges
Did You Know?
- Economics is the only social science for which a Nobel Prize is awarded.
- Economic policy is considered so vital that the President of the United States has his own prestigious Council of Economic Advisors.
- Every year, banks, corporations, government agencies, and international organizations like the World Bank hire thousands of economics majors.
- Students who major in economics in college are among the most successful and sought after applicants to graduate school.
- Economics majors are successful in numerous fields including finance, sales, manufacturing, education, politics, and international affairs.
To get an economics major, you need to have a minor degree. College of Business admission policy is not required for economics major.