Careers in Education
Winona State University is one of the region’s most innovative, practical and rigorous education programs. Our Education Department strives to provide you with all the knowledge and tools you need to start your career.
- A career in the education field is not only challenging but also exciting and rewarding. Unlike many other career fields, educators enjoy countless benefits:
- Educators make a difference in people’s lives every day. No matter what level or subject you teach, every day presents a new opportunity to impact a student’s life and to watch their growth and improvements.
- Educators are lifelong learners. Not only are they able to explore and discover new topics and instruction tools on a regular basis, but through regular interactions with students, parents and administrators, educators also develop in-depth collaboration and communication skills.
- Educators have a level of autonomy in the classroom. In your classroom, you are the boss; you create plans and find ways of teaching that work for you and your students. Teaching is not a cookie-cutter job, but rather an opportunity to be creative and explore different options.
- Great job outlook – The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts teaching jobs to continuously increase over the next decade.
There are many more benefits, but we know that you probably also wonder how much teachers get paid. So, here is what you can expect after graduation… and the good news is, it only gets better.
View the full report (PDF)
Winona State University’s placement record has been excellent. WSU graduates have experienced greater success in the job search than those from other schools. Our graduates are highly regarded by school districts throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin and our placement has been outstanding throughout the past decade.
If you have any other questions regarding career outlook in education, check out the following sites or contact us.
Minnesota Department of Education
US Department of Education
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics