Warm greetings from Winona State University and congratulations! We are delighted that you will join the English Language Center (ELC) at Winona State University in the spring semester of 2014. In order to make your arrival to the university smooth and pleasant, please take a moment to read the following information very carefully.
Reporting Date and Arrival Information:
- Please inform us of your arrival date and time by emailing email@example.com.
- For those who have applied for on-campus housing, please find out where your residence hall (dorm) is—Use your Warrior ID and password to log into your account. You must do so before you arrive on campus. Please note: students enrolled in the summer program are required to live on campus, we will make the housing reservation for you.
- Your username is your warrior ID which is in your admission letter and your password would be your birthday in YYMMDD format, unless you have made a change. You can log in on the WSU Housing website.
- If you have any question about housing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- When you arrive, go directly to your residence hall to check-in. Ask the taxi driver to drop you off at the residence hall where you will be staying.
ELC Office and Orientation:
- The ELC office is located in Minne Hall 107. The office is open from 8am to 4:30pm on weekdays. Please stop by the ELC office to let us know you have arrived. If you arrive late at night, please check in with us the following day.
- The ELC orientation is three days. Everyone must participate in the orientation.
- ELC Orientation Schedule
- Sheets, pillows and other bedding needs are not provided by WSU housing. You can either bring a few or purchase at the store here or purchase on line through WSU housing website.
- It is quite cold in Minnesota at this time of the year; please bring warm cloth and shoes to wear.
Important Phone Numbers:
- Winona State University housing: 507.457.5305.
- Winona State University International Services office: 507.457.5303.
- The ELC office: 507.457.5442.
For more information about arrival tips, please read the Arrival Booklet.
For more information about WSU housing, please visit the WSU Housing website.