Spring 2014 Orientation
Warm greetings from Winona State University and congratulations! We are delighted that you will join the English Language Center (ELC) at Winona State University in the spring semester of 2014. In order to make your arrival to the university smooth and pleasant, please take a moment to read the following information very carefully.
Reporting date and arrival information:
1. The spring ELC program oreintation starts on Jan. 9. We ask that you arrive on Jan. 7 to give yourself a few days to get settled in, rest and get over the jet leg.
2. Please inform us of your arrival date and time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. For those of you who have applied for on-campus housing, please find out where your residence hall (dorm) is—Use your Warrior ID and password to log in to your account. You must do so before you arrive.
2. Your username would be your warrior ID which is in the admission’s letter and your password would be your birthday in YYMMDD format unless you have made a change. Click on this link to log in: http://www.winona.edu/housing/newstudents.asp
3. If you have any question about housing, please contact email@example.com for more information.
1. Housing on campus for spring 14 will be available on Jan. 3, 2014. If you arrive before Jan. 3, you must make arrangement by yourself.
2. When you arrive, go directly to your residence hall to check in. Ask the taxi driver to drop you off at the residence hall where you will be staying.
ELC office and orientation:
1. The ELC office is located in Minne Hall 107. The office will open from 8am to 6:30pm on weekdays. Please stop by the ELC office and let us know that you have arrived. If you arrive late at night, check in with us the following day.
2. The ELC spring orientation starts on Jan. 9 for three days. Everyone must participate in the ELC orientation. Please report to the ELC office in Minne Hall 107 at 8am for the orientation.
1. Sheets, pillows and other bedding needs are not provided by WSU housing. You can either bring a few or purchase at the store here or purchase on line through WSU housing website.
2. It is quite cold in Minnesota at this time of the year; please bring warm cloth and shoes to wear.
Important phone numbers:
1. Winona State University housing: 1.507.457.5305.
2. Winona State University International Services office:1.507.457.5303.
3. The ELC office:1.507.457.5442.
For more information about arrival tips, please read the Arrival Booklet.
For more information about WSU housing, please visit WSU Housing website at http://www.winona.edu/housing/
English Language Center