Minnesota GI Bill
The Minnesota GI Bill program was established in 2007 to provide postsecondary financial assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans who served on or after September 11, 2001. Full-time undergraduate or graduate students may be eligible to receive up to $1,000 per semester or term and part-time students may be eligible to receive up to $500 per semester or term.
- You must be a Minnesota resident enrolled at Minnesota institutions.
- Veteran who is serving or has served honorably in any branch of the United States armed forces at any time on or after September 11, 2001, or;
- Non-veteran who has served honorably for a total of five years or more cumulatively as a member of the Minnesota National Guard or any other active or reserve component of the United States armed forces, and any part of that service occurred on or after September 11, 2001, or;
- Surviving spouse or children of a person who has served in the military at any time on or after September 11, 2001, and who has died or has a total and permanent disability as a direct result of that military service.
- Complete the application for the MN GI Bill.
- Provide the financial aid office with a copy of your DD214.
- You must have a valid FAFSA application on file with Winona State.