Financial Aid is available to those students who are studying abroad, and are in a degree-seeking program through Winona State University. The following financial aid preparations need to be made well in advance of travel:
- Be sure you have a current FAFSA on file with the Financial Aid Office, and allow two weeks for processing.
- Sign up for direct deposit to ensure that the funds left over after your Winona State University bill is paid will be directly deposited into your bank account.
- Explore your study abroad options through the Study Abroad website.
- Consortium agreement
- Schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor. Be sure to state that you want Financial Aid information about studying abroad.
- Bring a budget estimate to the meeting. If you are considering multiple programs, bring estimates or budget worksheets for each program.
Your financial aid is based on the number of credits you agree to complete while studying abroad. If you do not meet this agreement, you will be billed for the portion of financial aid that was disbursed that you did not actually earn.
Not all study abroad programs qualify for Federal or Minnesota State Financial Aid. You must meet with a Financial Aid Counselor to determine if your program qualifies.