Warrior Legacy - Student Giving
Warrior Legacy is our student giving campaign for WSU - for students, by students. It is our opportunity to have a large and lasting impact on Winona State. Find us on Facebook: Warrior Legacy for campaign updates and additional content. Make sure to check out our spring 2013 student-created video.
Our ultimate goal is to create an understanding of how giving back enhances Winona State University, now and in the future.
Why Should I Give as a Student?
With a gift to Warrior Legacy you support yourself and future generations of students at Winona State University - as alumni have done for you. WSU would be drastically different without the support of alumni and other donors. This is your opportunity to join the legacy through student giving. If every student gave a small gift of just $15 we would raise $120,000 annually!
What Will My Gift Support?
You may choose what your gift supports. Here are 4 areas of impact that benefit students like you:
1. Student Scholarships - To help your fellow Students!
Help ensure that all deserving students can attend WSU through need-based, special talent, and merit scholarships.
2. National Child Protection Training Center - To save a child!
NCPTC trains over 10,000 child protection workers a year, develops Child Advocacy Studies programs and is the only national organization with the goal of ending child abuse in the U.S. - right here at WSU!
3. Sustaining Fund - To keep improving at WSU!
Fund areas of greatest need on campus - new scholarships, student/faculty projects, lectures and more to enhance our unique WSU experience.
These programs make Winona State University stand out as an exemplary institution. Your gift helps ensure that this legacy of excellence continues.
How Do I Make a Gift?
1. Online: Visit
Give Now to contribute immediately! Your gift will be made
securely and go to work right away.
2. Give by cash, check, or credit/debit card at the following Drop Off Points:
|Student Union Desk, Kryzsko (8am-Midnight)|
|University Advancement, Somsen 204 (8am-4:30pm)|
3. Contact Erin Seaberg
(Student Advancement Intern) via Eseaberg06@winona.edu
Why Does My Gift Matter?
Your experience here at Winona State University was made possible through the generous support of alumni & friends who love our university. WSU depends on gifts like ours to ensure that our university continues to be a place of pride - A true Legacy!
Here are some examples of things made possible through gifts from alumni & friends:
- Student Scholarships - the largest area of funding
- Academic departments, funds, & programs
- National Child Protection Training Center programming
- Lectures Series, visiting speakers and performers
- Cultural, Music/Performing Arts, Athletic, Outreach Programming
- Programs like Bike Week, College for Kids, Sustainability, Community Service
- Integrated Wellness Complex
- WSU Athletic Pressbox
- The Gazebo
- Classroom, laboratory, technology upgrades
- Benches all across campus
- Gardens across campus: Dr. Krueger Garden, Davis Shoen Garden, Meditation Garden, Lauren's Pond
- Artwork in the library: Remington's, Max Weber Paintings, Native American Potter/Artwork
- Rooms in the library
- Steinway Piano Restoration, Performing Arts Center
- Wazoo! (Mascot)
How Else Can I Get Involved?
We are so glad you asked! Anyone is welcome to join the Warrior Legacy student committee. We are looking for dedicated, passionate, creative students to assist in the future efforts of Warrior Legacy!
The goals of the committee will be focused on communicating the importance of philanthropy.
- Recognizing alumni, faculty, and students for their contributions
- Volunteering on campus to improve our university
- Planning special events and fun activities
- Creating communication pieces; monitoring social media
Warrior Legacy Committee Members
2013 University Advancement Intern
Elizabeth Henschel – Student Outreach
Cara Mannino - Video and Photography
Abby Ruschmeyer - Decorations