Geoscience is an interdisciplinary field that connects in virtually unlimited ways with many other disciplines.
Employment opportunities and compensation in the geosciences have rapidly grown in recent years and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts continued growth during the next decade.
- Solve a broad range of environmental problems as consultants in both industry and government
- Discover and manage our planet’s mineral and energy resources
- Teach in our elementary schools, high schools and colleges
- Work in museums and national parks
- Practice environmental law and write for newspapers and magazines
- Explore other planets
The possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
Up-to-date information on careers in the geosciences, including Earth Science Teaching, can be found through the American Geological Institute.