CHOICES is a brief alcohol abuse prevention and harm reduction program for college students involving interactive journaling. The CHOICES program is presented in a non-confrontational manner that enables students to make their own decisions about alcohol consumption.
Throughout the 120-minute course, students will:
- Participate in activities that engage the student and provide tools to make informed decisions about drinking
- Be able to reflect on what they have learned as it relates to their choices about drinking
- Be asked to apply what they have learned in a series of self-reflective questions
Register OnlineRegister for the next available CHOICES course.
Complete the online pre-assessmentComplete the online pre-assessment sent via WSU email approximately 3 days prior to course date and time. Failure to complete the pre-assessment may result in rescheduling your course date.
Attend the course in full (2hrs)
Complete the online post-assessmentComplete the online post assessment sent via WSU email to receive your CHOICES course ID number.
Complete the CHOICES course reflection paperInstructions for this reflection can be found in your hearing letter. For further questions, contact your hearing officer.
SubmitSubmit the reflection and course ID number online to your hearing officer.
Pay the Course Fee of $63This fee will be posted to your student account at the time you are sanctioned. You can pay your student account at the Warrior Hub.
- By enrolling online your implied consent is given allowing communication with hearing officers regarding completion or failure to complete the Choices course. No other information will be relayed to hearing officer.
- Refer to your hearing letter or contact your hearing officer for questions regarding your assigned deadline.
- Failure to complete your sanction by the assigned deadline will result in a hold placed on registration and future enrollment.
Failure to attend your scheduled CHOICES class may subject you to further disciplinary action.