Department of History and Paralegal
The Department of History and Paralegal at Winona State is a community of professional historians committed to excellence in teaching and research.The department offers four majors and two minors:
- History, BA
- Social Science/History Teaching, BT
- Law and Society, BA
- Paralegal, BS
- History Minor
- Social Studies Teaching Minor, Middle Level Endorsement
- The ability to grasp complicated problems or issues
- Master information retrieval systems (libraries, books, periodicals, Internet)
- Plan and execute research
- Organize ideas in the verbal and written forms
- Develop an open mind to new ideas and approaches, a critical eye and ear, and disciplined work habits
Graduates from the Department of History and Paralegal find employment in a diverse range of occupations including law, education, banking and insurance, public history, non-profit organizations, management, sales and marketing.
The Department of History and Paralegal actively supports additional learning and engagement activities outside of the walls of the traditional classroom, including support of active student organizations and honor societies, undergraduate research and presentation opportunities, collaboration with local and regional museums and promotion of multiple on campus guest speakers.