The Department of History and Paralegal offers a number of scholarships to majors within the department each year. The application and distribution of the scholarships is run through the Winona State Foundation. The exact application dates vary from year to year, but take place during the spring semester. Awards are granted during the same semester, applicable to the following academic year.
Students wishing to apply need to consult and review the scholarship process.
For questions on the application process, please email the WSU Foundation Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of History and Paralegal Scholarships:
- Frederick A. Jederman Scholarship. Junior and senior history majors with a strong interest in historical research may apply for the Jederman Scholarship established in the memory of Frederick A. Jederman, who taught history at WSU from 1924 to 1964.
- Junior and senior history majors may apply for the Norman and Clare Sobiesk Scholarship, honoring Dr. Norman Sobiesk, who taught history at WSU from 1970 to 2005.
- History and Paralegal majors are eligible for the Marvin and Muriel Palacek Scholarship, honoring Dr. Marvin Palacek, who taught history at WSU from 1964 to 1985.
- History majors are eligible to apply for the Isaac Bera Scholarship, honoring former WSU student Isaac Bera.
- Paralegal majors are eligible to apply for the Henry Memorial Scholarship, honoring Steven R. Henry.
- Paralegal majors are eligible to apply for the Peterson Scholarship given in honor of Judge Duane Peterson and Patte Peterson.
- Paralegal majors are eligible to apply for the Paralegal Alumni Scholarship, established by the Paralegal Alumni.