HLA Tuition and Financial Aid Considerations
The HLA major provides unique benefits to allied health professionals seeking to complete a bachelor’s degree while balancing commitments to work and family.
- The program’s fully online format provides greater flexibility and accessibility for working students.
- Academic advisors are experienced in working with adult students and provide individualized services to meet the unique needs of each student.
- Coursework is provided collaboratively through Winona State University and Bemidji State University and provides a broader set of course options for students.
In order to offer these specific benefits, the HLA program has unique tuition and financial aid considerations for students in the program.
Tuition & Fees
The HLA major follows an online differential tuition rate as follows:
- MN residents will pay $329.23 per credit (includes student fees and HLA differential tuition) for all HLA major courses
- Non-MN residents will pay out-of-state tuition of $497.12 per credit (includes student fees and HLA differential tuition) for all HLA major courses
- WI, ND, SD residents are eligible for reciprocity
- Elective courses that are based on the Winona State-Winona campus are subject to per-credit Winona campus tuition and fees
- Elective courses from Bemidji State University will follow BSU tuition and fee rates
- General Education courses will follow the tuition and fee rates of the university and campus at which the course is taken
All tuition is subject to change by the Minnesota State College and University Board. The above rates are approved for Summer 2015, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016.
Financial Aid While Attending more than one MnSCU Institution
HLA majors are enrolled through, and receive their degree from Winona State University, but students must also take online elective coursework through Bemidji State and may take online general education courses through other Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU), as well. WSU will coordinate the review, approval and disbursement of financial aid for HLA-related coursework within the MnSCU system. Once financial aid is dispersed, students taking coursework at BSU and/or any other MnSCU institution for a given semester are responsible for making payments for those courses directly to the appropriate institution(s).
Please review the HLA Getting Started Checklist (PDF) for instructions on requesting financial aid. Students will also need to complete a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement each semester they take coursework at both WSU and another institution.
If a change is made to a student's schedule that voids information that was previously submitted on a Consortium Agreement, a second Consortium Agreement must be submitted. For example, if a student drops or changes sections of a course that was listed on an initial Consortium Agreement, a second should be submitted that notifies the Financial Aid office that a change has been made. For more information about financial aid processes, contact the WSU Financial Aid office at 507.457.5090.