Residence Life Calendar
Returning Student Room Sign-Up for 2015-2016
If you are currently living on or off-campus and are interested in living in the residence halls for the 2015-2016 academic year, you will need to go through a room sign-up process. We will have separate sign-up processes for the East Lake Apartments, the Sustainability Theme House, Kirkland Hall, and the Traditional Residence Halls.
All students living in the residence halls must have a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
Sustainability Theme House: Informational packets will be available in the Housing Office, 235 Kryzsko Commons, beginning Monday, October 6, 2014. Information nights will be held on Wednesday, October 8th on West Campus and Thursday, October 9th on Main Campus – these will include an optional house tour afterwards. Applications are due on Friday, October 24th. After application review, selected residents will be invited to the house for room sign-up on a date (TBD) conducive to community members' schedules. Prospective residents need to pick up an information packet to start the process. Selected residents will be notified by e-mail on November 7th.
East Lake: East Lake Apartment sign-up will be held on Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. in the Student Activity Center, lower level of Kryzsko Commons. You must have a minimum of 24 credits at the beginning of fall 2014 to be eligible to live at East Lake. Please read below the following important dates regarding sign-up:
- October 6, 2014 - Information and application materials will be available in the Housing Office, 235 Kryzsko Commons.
- October 28 & 29, 2014 - Tours of East Lake.
- November 7, 2014 - All materials for the entire group must be turned into the Housing Office by 4:30 p.m.
- November 17, 2014 - Priority numbers will be posted outside the Housing Office and at the front desk of East Lake.
- November 20, 2014 - Room sign-up held in the Student Activity Center at 4:00 p.m.
Each group memeber needs to pick up an information packet to begin the process.
Kirkland Hall/Traditional Residence Halls: Room sign-up for the Traditional Residence Halls and Kirkland Hall will be held on Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. in the Student Activity Center, lower level of Kryzsko Commons. Available units will include suites in Kirkland and the traditional halls in addition to singles and doubles on Main and West Campus.
Please read below the following important dates regarding sign-up:
- January 12, 2015 - Information and application materials will be available in the Housing Office, 235 Kryzsko Commons.
- February 2, 2015 - All materials for the entire group must be turned into the Housing Office by 4:30 p.m.
- February 9, 2015 - Priority numbers will be posted outside the Housing Office.
- February 12, 2015 - Room sign-up will be held in the Student Activity Center at 4 p.m.
- February 26, 2015 - Last day to cancel your housing agreement that was signed on February 12th to recieve a $200 refund (the $50 is non-refundable).
If you have any questions, you may contact the Housing Office at 507-457-5305 or email email@example.com.
Student Staff Hiring for 2014-2015
Summer 2014 On-Campus Housing
If you are planning to live on campus during the summer of 2014, you may now fill out the application on-line. Summer housing will be located in Kirkland Hall from May 11th to August 10th at a rate of $12/day. All students will be assigned a single room. Interim housing will also be available.
Checking in: Summer Housing check-in for May Term will be on Sunday, May 11th from 9:00 a.m. to Noon. If checking in after Sunday, May 11th please come during Kirkland’s front desk hours which are 11:00 to 1:00 and 5:00 to 7:00 every day.
May Term: All students checking into summer housing for May Term will need to check out of their current residence hall by 5:00 on Sunday, May 11th.
Billing: Summer housing charges will follow the Summer 2014 payment calendar. You will be charged according to the dates you have selected above. If you do not adhere to the dates selected above your student account will be updated after you checkout. If you have questions regarding billing please contact the Warrior Hub.
Apply now and we'll see you this summer!
Residence Hall Closing Information
Spring 2015 Closing Information
Traditional residence halls officially close at 5:00pm on Friday, May 8, 2015. The East Lake Apartments and Sustainability House close at 12pm (noon) on Friday, May 15, 2015. All students must check out with their RA/CA by this time. The following information is meant to be a helpful guide to having a successful check-out of the residence halls.
End of Semester Meetings: Your RA/CA will hold a mandatory End of Semester meeting the week of April 13th. This meeting will provide you with the information you need to have a smooth and successful check out.
Cleaning Expectations: Your room/apartment is expected to be in the same condition, if not better, than it was when you moved in. Specific cleaning instructions will be given to you by your RA/CA. You may want to bring cleaning supplies from home to assist you such as rags, a vacuum, window cleaner, etc.
Forwarding Your Mail: The Housing Office will forward your mail for 30 days. After June 8, 2015 (June 15th for East Lake), all mail will be returned to sender. You can fill out a "Change of Address" form at the post office or online.
Residence Hall Check-Out Procedures
The on-campus housing agreement term is for one academic year. Students who choose to leave the residence halls before the last day of his/her housing agreement, must follow the procedures below.
Note: There are financial penalties for breaking your housing agreement early. Before you decide to move out of the residence halls, please talk with your Hall Director or a staff member in the Housing & Residence Life Office located in Kryzsko Commons 235.
- Complete the online Room & Meal Plan Cancellation Form. (East Lake residents will need for fill out a form at the Housing Office). If you were granted a room change, you do not need fill out this form.
- Set up a check-out time with your RA/CA. If your RA/CA is not available, you may check-out with another RA/CA within the complex.
- Clean your room according to the following Cleaning Expectations.
- In order to prevent improper check-out fees, you must follow these expectations:
- Be in your room at the check-out time you scheduled with your RA/CA
- Have your room cleaned according to the cleaning expectations for your residence hall
- Have all of your belongings removed from your room and the hallway outside of your room prior to checking out with the RA/CA
- Turn in your room key to the RA/CA
- Sign your Room Condition Report (RCR) and provide your forwarding address and phone number
- Students who cancel their housing agreement before it expires will be charged a contract cancellation fee. Please contact the Housing & Residence Life Office for specific charges related to your situation before cancelling your agreement
- Properly return your loft, if applicable. Please contact your RA/CA prior to your check-out time for specific loft return instructions.
- If there are any damages to property or cleaning that needs to be done, the student will be charged accordingly.
Mailboxes are located in the lobby of each complex. Except for flyers originating from the WSU Housing & Residence Life Office and other University departments, only mail addressed to a student living in the residence halls will be placed in the mailboxes. Mail and packages delivered without the name of the student living in the residence halls will not be accepted or will be returned to sender. Any items ordered should be addressed to or in care of the student. Packages will not be received if they are in a student's parent/guardian name.
Each room has an assigned mailbox which is located in the front lobby of each residence hall. To mail something to your student, please use the following format:
Residence Hall & Room #
Residence Hall Street Address
Winona, MN 55987
The mailing address for each residence hall can be found by going to each residence hall page.
Packages: Students will receive a package slip in their residence hall mailbox if a package has been delivered for them. To collect a package, students will need to take their package slip to their hall front desk, show their Warrior ID and provide a signature when they pick up a package. C.O.D. (Cash On Delivery) packages will not be accepted.
If a package was delivered to our Central Housing Office, students would receive an email, via their WSU email address, notifying them. Packages at our Central Office can be picked up Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm.
Missing/Damaged Mail: If a student did not receive their mail and/or a package or items are damaged upon receipt, please file a report at the residence hall front desk and with the Post Office.
Students are encouraged to check their campus mailbox often as this is one way the University is able to relay important information to students.
Request a Room Change
Currently, we are preparing for the arrival of students to move into our residence halls for the academic year. Therefore, we are not accepting room change requests at this time. If you would still like to request a room change after you move into your room, you may do so starting Monday, September 8th. An online request form will be available on this page at that time.
Sign-Up here to be a Welcome Crew Volunteer!
What is the Welcome Crew?
The WSU Welcome Crew is a combination of student, staff, faculty, retiree and alumni volunteers who assist new students and their families move into the residence halls each Fall.
What Would I do as a Volunteer?
Welcome Crew Volunteer responsibilities may include: controlling traffic, unloading vehicles, transporting belongings to rooms, making posters, distributing concessions, distributing keys and room assignments, and most importantly making new students feel welcome!
Where Can I Get More Information?
There are two information sessions where you can learn more about Welcome Crew
- Wednesday, April 17th @ 8pm (Tau 215)
- Thursday, April 18th @ 8pm (Kryzsko Commons, Dining Room C)
Sunday, August 18th - Volunteers are allowed to move in at no charge.
Monday, August 19th - Mandatory meeting at 9am
Tuesday, August 20th - Assist with move-in day activities 8am - 5pm (must be available all day)
How Can I Sign Up to Volunteer?
Click here to register online and become a Welcoming Warrior!!
- Receive a FREE Welcome Crew T-Shirt
- Opportunity to meet new students and their families
- Positive/Free way to promote your registered student organization
- Early arrival fee waived if you work two shifts
- Great volunteer opportunity
Skills and Qualities
- Ability to live and move items
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- High level of positive energy and enthusiasm
- Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds
- A desire to help incoming students feel at home at WSU
- Ability to follow direction well
- Ability to be prompt and on time
Changing Your Meal Plan
Meal plan changes can be made at anytime throughout the semester for those students wanting to increase their current plan. Students wanting to decrease their meal plan can do so during the first two weeks of each semester only. Stop by the Housing Office, 235 Kryzsko Commons, to make your meal plan changes.
Cancelling your Housing Agreement
Students wishing to cancel their Housing Agreement for the residence halls must fill out the online Room & Meal Plan Cancellation. Students living at East Lake wanting to cancel their agreement must fill out a paper Contract & Release Form at the Housing Office, (235 Kryzsko Commons). You will also need to contact your RA to be sure you follow the appropriate check out procedures. Note: this form IS NOT intended for students changing rooms within the residence halls; it is intended for those wanting to move completely out of the residence halls to an off-campus apartment, moving home, etc. If you have any questions about the terms of your Housing Agreement, please contact our office.
The WSU Residence Halls and Campus Community are a Drug, Alcohol, and Tobacco-Free environment, certain violations of these policies will result in the cancellation of your Housing Agreement and an $800 Housing Agreement Cancellation Fee.