Students can begin requesting loft extension kits on June 15, 2015. The request form will be added to this page at that time. All rooms are furnished with beds that can be adjusted to a height of 3 feet without a loft extension kit. If you want to request a loft after the Aug. 1 deadline, you will need to notify your RA/CA upon checking into your room.
|Halls Included:||Halls Include: East Lake Apartments, Haake-Kirkland, Lourdes, Maria, Morey-Shepard, Richards and Sheehan||Conway and Prentiss-Lucas|
|Height: Lowest off floor||2"||2"|
|Height: Highest off floor without loft extension kit||3'||3'|
|Height: Highest off floor with loft extension kit||6'||6'|
|Length: End to end outside of frame||7' 2"||6' 11"|
|Length: End to end inside of frame||6' 8"||6' 4''
|Width||3' 2"||3' 2"|
General Information about Lofts
- It is strongly recommended that students contact their roommate(s) to discuss loft needs and wants for their specific residence hall room.
- Remember, all University furniture must remain in your room.
- All lofts must be returned before a student checks out of their residence hall room. Failure to return a loft when indicated may result in charges issued to the student's account. Please watch for loft return information at the end of each semester.
- If you are considering purchasing a futon or couch for under your loft, please note the dimensions listed above for your residence hall to make sure it will fit.
Per your signed housing agreement, you have agreed to the following "proper use" regulations when renting and using a loft:
- Safety bar use is required for all loft/bunk beds.
- Student will assemble and use all of the rented items only in accordance with the instructions provided.
- Student will make no alterations, additions or changes to the bunk bed/loft. All extra bed parts must be stored in the student’s room.
- Student is responsible for disassembling and returning the loft to the predetermined location.
- If loft is not returned at the appropriate location and time, an improper return fee will be assessed to the student. If the loft is damaged beyond ordinary wear and tear due to student’s own negligence, misuse or for any other reason, student will pay to repair such damage.
- The use of the loft/bunk bed will be at the sole risk of the student. The student hereby releases Winona State University from all liability resulting from any use of the loft/bunk bed.
- All charges will be billed to student accounts by the 10th class day. If the student wishes to return their loft with a refund, the return must take place within the first 10 days of class.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Loft?
Where Can I Pick Up My Loft?
If your loft was requested prior to Aug. 1, your unassembled loft extension kit will be placed in your room for Aug. 18.
If you did not request a loft prior to Aug. 1, you will need to request a loft extension kit when you arrive on campus and check into your room. You can notify your RA/CA that you would like to rent a loft and they will assist you. Loft requests are honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
How Can I Cancel My Loft Request?
If you decide you no longer want a loft, please email our office at email@example.com with your name and Warrior ID.
Loft cancellations between Aug. 1 and Sep. 8 will be charged a $10 restocking fee. If you decide to return your loft after Sep. 8, you will be charged the $50 semester rental fee.