Temporary Special Assignment Hires
These procedures provide guidance for a supervisor who wants to hire a non-WSU employee to complete a short-term project or assignment.
- Hiring supervisor must first determine if the employee is:
- Employed by another Minnesota State institution or Office of the Chancellor
- Employed by another state agency, i.e. Dept of Health, Dept of Education, etc.
- Not employed by the state
- Based upon the determination above, hiring supervisor follows the applicable process below:
- The employee is employed within Minnesota State (intra-agency hire).
- The employee is employed by another state agency (inter-agency hire)
- The employee is not employed through the State of Minnesota (external contract hire)
The supervisor must complete the applicable process above prior to any work being completed by the employee.