Classified Position Descriptions - (AFSCME, MAPE, MMA, MNA, Managerial Plan) (pdf) - Provides an overview, examples, and FAQs regarding the process of writing a Classified Position Description.
Unclassified Position Descriptions - (ASF) (pdf) - Provides an overview, examples, and FAQs regarding the process of writing an Unclassified Position Description.
- Unclassified PD Overview (pdf) - Provides an overview of the PD process for Unclassified PDs.
- Unclassified PD Key Aspects (pdf) - Things to know before starting the PD process.
- PD Terminology (pdf) - What does PCN stand for? What determines a stakeholder? Commonly used PD terms are defined here.
- MSUAASF Administrative Procedure (pdf) - Sets for the gerneral provisions and evaluation process for MSUAASF PDs.
- Unclassified PD Form (Word Doc) - Here is the template for an Unclassified PD.
- PD Form Tutorial (pdf) - Here is a breakdown of an Unclassified PD and what information is required for each section.
- PD Tips (pdf) - Use present tense, focus on critical activities/responsibilities, ensure that PD reflects the job and not the current incumbent as well as other tips for successfully writing an ASF PD.
- PAQ Form (Word Doc) - Here is the template for the Position Analysis Questionnaire.
- PAQ Tips (pdf) - Avoid acronyms, include examples, refer to the allocation matrix, and other helpful tips for successfully completing the Position Analysis Questionnaire.
- Employee and Supervisor Checklists (pdf) - It is imperative that the employee and supervisor review PDs together for accuracy and shared understanding.
- MSUAASF Matrix (pdf) - MnSCU's ASF Allocation Matrx for evaluating ASF positions.
- FAQ (pdf) - Please refer here for some of the more frequently asked questions regarding PDs and the process.
- Local MSUAASF Website