TEMPORARY SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT HIRE
These procedures provide guidance for a supervisor who wants to hire a non-WSU employee to complete a short-term project or assignment
1. Hiring supervisor must first determine if the employee is:
- Employed by another MnSCU institution or Office of the Chancellor
- Employed by another state agency, i.e. Dept of Health, Dept of Education, etc.
- Not employed by the state
2. Based upon the determination above, hiring supervisor follows the applicable process below:
- The employee is employed by another MnSCU institution or the Office of the Chancellor (intra-agency hire). If the assignment involves:
- The employee is employed by another state agency (inter-agency hire)
- Complete a 1400 form and work with the WSU Business Office to complete an Inter-Agency Agreement
- The employee is not employed through the State of Minnesota (external contract hire)
- Complete a 1400 form and work with the WSU Business Office to complete a Professional/Technical contract. Please click here for the WSU Business Office Hiring Procedures for Non-State Employees.
The supervisor must complete the applicable process above prior to any work being completed by the employee.
Last Modified: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:13 PM