NEW EMPLOYEE CHECKLIST
Welcome to Winona State University! We are delighted to have you join our community. The checklist below will ensure that your employment gets off to a smooth start. If you should have any questions about this or any other information related to your employment, please use the university toll-free number: 1-800-DIAL-WSU, or contact the Human Resources Department directly at 507-457-5005. The WSU Home Page is located at www.winona.edu/rochester.
Your assigned department will complete these processing steps for you:
- KEYS: Obtain and have your office keys available for you.
- PHONE: Establish a telephone number and request a long distance ID code for your use.
- NETWORK ACCOUNT: Forward your network data (includes your username and WSU email address).
These are the steps that you should complete in a timely manner:
- I-9: Employment is contingent upon you providing evidence of your identity and employment eligibility to the Human Resources Office within three days of the date of your employment begins (copies are not acceptable). Winona State is a participant of E-Verify. You may contact Kristi Ziegler (507-285-7157) to complete your I-9 on the Rochester Campus or the Human Resources Office (507-457-5005) if completing the form in Winona.
- HR: Please contact the Human Resources Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your address has changed.
- WSU ID: Obtain your university ID card at the Goddard Library, second floor. This card will contain your Warrior/Tech ID that is needed to obtain your class lists, advisee lists etc.
- LAPTOP: Schedule an appointment to pick up your laptop at http://www.winona.edu/IT/getyourlaptopfacstaff.asp
- CLASS MANAGEMENT: Use Employee e-Services to view your Class Management and Grading tools at https://webproc.mnscu.edu/eservices/faculty.class.html?campusid=074&tokenTicket=Owex%2FBkIz5Qfi1363o63YLQAuiQB.
- TEXTBOOKS: Textbooks for your courses should be ordered as soon as possible. Please connect with your department assistant or Pat Wolfgram at the UCR Bookstore at 507-280-5525.
- PARKING: Purchase a University Center Rochester parking permit at the Cashier’s office in our Student Services area.
- STATE VEHICLE: You have to be an "eligible" driver during your employment to reserve and drive a state or rental car for State business. You must complete the Driver Approval form in advance. The link to the form is located at: http://www.winona.edu/traveltoolkit.asp.
Other Items of Interest and Resources:
For additional information or assistance at WSU-Rochester, please connect with us at 1-800-366-5418 or direct dial 507-285-7100 or check out your faculty handbook provided by your administrative assistant.
Please click here for a PDF version of the New Employee Checklist
Last Modified: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:49 PM