Members present: J. Lawrence Bergin, Jean Billman, Karen Csajko, Pauline Christensen, Helen Dachelet,
Jeff Draskoci-Johnson, Shirley Eiken, Ruth Forsythe, Kelly Herold, Drake Hokanson,
Joe Jackson, Dan Kauffman, E.M. Win Lewis, Charla Miertschin, Randy Miller, Robert
Newberry, Dominic Ricciotti, Rob Scheer, Cathy Schmidt, Greg Schmidt, Paul
Schumacher, Richard Shields, Ed Slowik, Susanne Smith, Cathy Summa, Rosine
Tenenbaum, Ed Thompson, Robin Tschumper, Kerry Williams
I. Meeting called to order at 3:37 p.m. by Chair Kelly Herold. Next meeting is October 6, 1999.
II. Adoption of Agenda
P. Schumacher/W. Lewis, M/S, to approve. Motion passed.
III. Election of 1999 - 2000 A2C2 & subcommittee chairs and members
Chair of A2C2 - P. Schumacher/R. Newberry, nominate/second, Kelly Herold.
R. Shields/W. Lewis, M/S, to close nominations. Motion passed. Approved. Congratulations Kelly!
Secretary of A2C2 - W. Lewis/S. Eiken, nominate/second, Charla Miertschin. Approved. Congratulations Charla!
Course Curriculum subcommittee chair - C. Summa/K. Williams, nominate/second, Winn Lewis. Approved. Congratulations Win!
Course Curriculum subcommittee members - Volunteers were solicited (2 reps from each college)
IV. Approval of minutes of May 12, 1999. R. Shields/R. Miller, M/S, to approve. Motion passed.
V. Course/Curriculum Approval Request
Education 498/598 P/NC option. K. Williams/W. Eiken to refer to subcommittee. Motion passed.
VI. Points of Information
1. Kerry Williams, Psychology - withdrawn
2. Randy Miller, Health & Human Performance - due to MnSCU record-keeping abilities:
- HHP 362 (1 - 4 cr.) has been divided into HHP 361, 362, 363
- HHP 499 (4 - 10 cr.) has been divided into HHP 496, 497, 498, 499
3. Robert Newberry, Marketing - numerous course number, name, and course description changes as included with new program proposal.
4. Yogesh Grover, Political Science - title changes of Political Sciences courses. See A2C2 agenda.
VII. Additional Subcommittee/Team Appointments
1. Electronic based investigation - J. Draskoci-Johnson, K. Herold, C. Miertschin volunteered.
2. Director of University Studies Subcommittee - handled through FA Senate Committee on Committees; search committee forming
3. University Studies Course Review Subcommittee - Kelly to send out invitation to A2C2 members and alternates for subcommittee today.
Much discussion followed concerning the changeover procedure from Gen. Ed. to University Studies and whether the program will be ready for the next catalog, either included or as an addendum.
VIII. Policy 3-4
Review with Joyce Quella before taking to faculty senate. S. Eiken volunteered.
IX. Jennifer Vongroven - Winona State U. - PER 216 Modern Dance II (2 s.h.) for PER 116 Modern Dance I (1 s.h.) to complete Physical Education Activities courses. S. Smith/J. Billman - to approve. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned 4:29
Submitted by secretary