Members present: J. Lawrence Bergin, Jean Billman, Barbara Boseker, Karen Csajko, Helen Dachelet, Jeff Draskoci-Johnson, Shirley Eiken, Ruth Forsythe, Kelly Herold, Drake Hokanson, Joe Jackson, Dan Kauffman, Steve Kilkus, E.M. Win Lewis, Charla Miertschin, Randy Miller, Robert Newberry, Dominic Ricciotti, Robert Scheer, Cathy Schmidt, Greg Schmidt, Richard Shields, Ed Slowik, Cathy Summa, Robin Tschumper, Kerry Williams
I. Meeting called to order at 3:36 p.m. by Chair Kelly
Next meeting is January 19, 2000.
II. Adoption of Agenda
Several additions were made by Chair Herold.
S. Kilkus/W. Lewis, M/S, to approve agenda. Motion passed.
III. Approval of minutes of November 17, 1999.
B. Boseker/R. Tschumper, M/S, to approve. Motion passed.
IV. Points of Information
1. Tamara Berg, Women's Studies - change number of elective credits from 4-6 to 3 credits.
2. Barbara Boseker, Special Education - course number change: SPED 400 to SPED 200.
3. Robert Clay, Education - course number changes: ED 301 split into ED 301, 304, 305; ED 306 split into ED 310, 311, 312 based on age appropriateness
4. Lawrence Bergin, Accounting -
B.S. Major in Accounting: List ECON 201 and ECON 202 as Additional Requirements and Change required course MGMT 315 to MGMT 325.
B.S. Minor in Accounting: Change required course ACCT 312 to ACCT 220 and Choose between BUSA 301 or BUSA 291.
5. Robert Newberry, Marketing - Registrar's office noticed some duplicate numbering of several courses which will be renumbered.
6. Dan Lintin, Communication Studies - See memo for details listing course title changes, courses to be dropped, elective choices, and grade point average requirements.
7. David Bratt/Win Lewis, Theatre & Dance - change number of credits in Dance Repertory courses from 2 to 1-2 credits.
8. Cathy Schmidt, Music - See memo for details listing course name and program name changes.
V. Course/Curriculum Approval Request
1. New Course Proposals - none
2. Program Revision (Program - subcommittee action. A2C2 action)
A. Music - B.S. Music (Teaching) - 5-0-0 with new catalog copy including HHP 204 and SPED 200, complete Gen Ed listing, and that the total be listed including the Prof Ed sequence, Approved.
B. PER - Developmental/Adapted Physical Education (D/APE) Licensure - tabled due to lack of representation
C. Geoscience - B.S. Earth Science Major (Teaching) - 5-0-0 (including change from SPED 400 to SPED 200), Approved.
D. Education - all Education programs - K-6 Comm. - EDUC 330 not a course yet, tabled; Others: 5-0-0 vote with the following requirements: new copy stating including only the new program, Approved.
VI. Additional Subcommittee or Ad hoc Committee reports
VII. Gen. Ed. Substitution Requests
Joseph Dietsch - Honors 251 - Special Seminar for Humanities.
Questions regarding whether an engineering dept. policy or a departmental substitution matter were discussed. With respect to the memo from Dan Eastman, C. Schmidt pointed out that Honors 251 did not "evolve" into MUS 114. It was incorporated into the music course as a lab.
R. Shields/S. Kilkus, M/S, to approve course substitution course. Motion passed.
VIII. University Studies Subcommittee Report
K. Williams - report scheduled for next semester including course guidelines.
IX. Meeting adjourned 4:10 p.m.
Submitted by secretary,