Academic Affairs and
Meeting Minutes of December
- Announcement: The next A2C2 meeting will be January 14, 2004 at 3:30 p.m. The agenda will include the
University Studies Program Assessment Plan (USPAP) and the WSU Cultural Diversity Plan. Both will be
forwarded to you after the break.
- Course and Program Proposal Subcommittee (CPPS) report, Roger Riley
[vote count: aye, nay]
- Revised Programs
- B.A. Major in Music (Liberal Arts)
- B.A. Major in Music Performance
- original web posting was incomplete, but has been corrected [17, 1]
- B.S. Major - Music (Music Business)
All were approved by A2C2 through an e-vote.
- University Studies Subcommittee (USS) report, J. Paul Johnson
[vote count: aye, nay]
- Flag Courses
ART 444 Senior Art Seminar (3) - not posted on web [17,
BIOL 309 Developmental Biology (3)
HIST 315 Women in U.S. History (3)
MKTG 420 Marketing Management (3) - not posted on web
MUS 477 Piano Literature I (2)
MUS 478 Piano Literature II (2)
BIOL 323 General Physiology (3) - not posted on web
HIST 428 History of Biography (3)
HIST 467 Foreign Travelers in "Exotic" Lands (3)
All web-posted courses were approved by A2C2 through an e-vote.
- ART 444 Senior Art Seminar (3 SH) - course description change. New: Students present their
concurrent studio projects for critique and deliver slide presentations. Other topics include readings
and discussion in art criticism and theory, and portfolio preparation. Studio projects include
photographing artwork and preparing and installing work for the Senior Exhibitions. Senior
Exhibition(s) constitute the Art major's Capstone experience.
- Bank the following courses: CHEM 204 Unified Science I (3 SH), CHEM 352 Organic Chemistry (2
- Delete the following courses: CHEM 108 Introductory General Chemistry (3 SH), CHEM 417
Intermediate Polymer Chemistry (2 SH)
- Program name change. Current: B.S. Minor Chemistry - Option A. New: B.S. Minor Chemistry.
- English/Communication Studies
- B.S. Major - Communication Arts and Literature (Teaching). Under required Communication Studies
courses, remove CMST 261 Public Speaking (3 SH) Add: Choose one of the following courses: 287
Conflict and Communication (3 SH), 289 Gender and Communication (3 SH), 290 Disability
Communication and Culture (3 SH), 291 Topics in Multicultural Communication (3 SH).
- Foreign Language
- One-time course offering: Basic Arabic (3 SH), spring 2004.
- GEOS 105 Astronomy with Laboratory (4 SH) and GEOS 106 Astronomy (3 SH) - course description
change. Add: NOTE: A student may enroll in either GEOS 105 or GEOS 106, but cannot earn credit
for both courses.
- GEOS 110 Oceanography with Laboratory (4 SH) and GEOS 111 Oceanography (3 SH) - course
description change. Add: NOTE: A student may enroll in either GEOS 110 or GEOS 111, but cannot
earn credit for both courses.
- Bank (suspend) the following program: B.S. Major - Geoscience: Water Resources Management
- Investigative Science I: Earth-The Water Planet - course prefix change. Current: GEOS 201. New:
SCIE 201.- postponed
- Global Studies
- B.S. Major - Global Studies. Addition to list of electives: HIST 325 American Diplomatic History (3
SH) and HIST 440 World War II (3 SH).
- Bank the following course: PSY 280 Persuasion and Social Influence (3 SH).
objections were heard regarding the above Notifications with the exception of