Explore Your Options
Winona State University offers a variety of choices for study away, from short-term to a semester or longer. We encourage you to research all your options to find the program that best suits your educational, professional, and personal goals. Some important questions to consider as you weigh your program options:
- Are you interested in a shorter period (e.g., a Travel Study), or a semester or even academic year of international or domestic study away?
- Which program is the best fit for your specific major/minor, or do you want to study something entirely different?
- What countries or regions of the world most interest you?
What are your academic and personal reasons for choosing to study away?
- Do you want to improve your skills in speaking another language?
- What is your budget for study away program costs? (Remember your financial aid can be applied to the study away program.)
|Programs are full semesters and occur during the fall, spring, or summer semester.
||Programs are 2-8 weeks, depending on the program, and usually occur during semester breaks.
|A variety of options for earning credit is possible. Credits transfer back to WSU.
||Specific WSU faculty-led courses are taught at the travel destination.
|Independent experience: students live in the host environment for an immersive cultural experience.
||Group travel: students travel with WSU faculty and students. Trip is planned and organized in advance.
|Cost varies by program.
||Cost varies by program.
|Interested in Study Abroad? Visit Select a Program||
Interested in Travel Study? Visit the Travel Study Page
Not sure how to get started? Talk to our Peer Advisor! For Spring 2016, Kathreen Smith is available from noon to 3pm in the Lower Hyphen of Kryzsko Commons. You can send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and also book an appointment with her using this button:
About Kathreen Smith, Peer Advisor, Spring 2016:
My name is Kathreen Smith and I am currently a senior here at WSU. I major in Economics, Political Science, and Communication Studies: Leadership & Advocacy, with minors in Global Studies and Women, Gender, and Sexuality studies. I studied abroad in Spring 2015 to Muscat, Oman in the Middle East and since then nothing has been the same! I believe every student should have the opportunity to Study Abroad – and it's my job to help them through the process.