International Services at Winona State, your home away from home!
MissionThe mission of the International Services and Cultural Outreach Office (ISCO) is to provide support to Winona State University’s international students, scholars and families and to enable them to achieve their academic and professional goals and objectives. ISCO supports Winona State University’s internationalization efforts by recruiting academically talented and culturally diverse international students, ensuring a positive application experience, and serving as a liaison to the admissions office, academic departments, international partners, government officials, scholarship bodies and other key stakeholders.
ISCO serves to be the primary resource for non-immigrant students and scholars at Winona State University and strives to foster international awareness and an appreciation for all cultures by promoting cultural exchange between WSU's domestic and international populations through cross-cultural activities and programming.
Our Services include• Advising and facilitating compliance with U.S. immigration regulations
• A nine-day immersive New International Student Orientation (PDF)
• Conducting orientations and other special programming that help international students and scholars integrate into and adjust to the academic, cultural, and social life of Winona State
• Serving as a liaison with U.S. government agencies, foreign embassies, sponsors, and educational foundations that support international students and scholars
• Organizing cross cultural activities and programming to promote international awareness and appreciation of other cultures at WSU and Winona
• Administration of Scholarships exclusively for International Students