e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program
The e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program offers telephone, e-mail, and walk-in support for any technical questions or issues that may arise. The Technical Support Center (TSC) is staffed with trained student workers and full-time technicians who are available to assist. We understand the importance of technology on campus, if a laptop cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time the student will be immediately provided with a replacement laptop of the same model.
What's Included in the program?
- Laptop exchanged every two years
- Walk-in and phone technical support on campus
- Webmail (email) support
- Digital Learning Lab software, laptop workshops and 1on 1 training
- Access to network applications and services (including the Adobe Creative Suite)
- A personal website
- Personal network storage
- VPN for remote access to network resources
- Wireless access
- Access to several laser printers on campus
- Loaner laptop for extended repairs or replacement of the laptop if necessary
- Laptop damage protection (some fees may apply)
- Safeware insurance program for stolen laptops (deductible fees apply)
- Department-specific software and software updates
- High quality anti-virus and spyware protection
- Senior laptop sale (offered only to WSU students at the time of graduation)
Cost of the Program
The cost of the e-Warrior: Digital Life & Learning Program ranges between $350 and $500 per semester. Summers are no cost with program continuation the following fall semester. Where does the money go?
|67.1%||Hardware: Laptop rotation every two years.|
|15.5%||Staffing: Fulltime and student employment.|
|7.1%||Maintenance: Insurance, repairs, spare laptops, components, replacement battery,
personalized help desk, and three year warranties.
|6.6%||Program Costs: Graduating student buyout program, training, administration, un-collectibles.|
|3.7%||Software Applications: Microsoft Office for PC & Mac, Adobe applications for PC & Mac, other applications.|