Winona State University Library Department
Instruction Librarian and Archivist
Office Phone No.: (507) 457-5143
Office FAX No.: (507) 457-5594
Office Hours: Mondays and Thursdays 10:00-11:00 and Tuesdays 1:00-2:00
Areas of Specialization: Collection Analysis, Scholarly Communication, and Higher Education
Current Research Interests: Information retrieval, Role of technology in learning, Statistical analysis of library collections, and Temporal cataloging.
Years of Experience at WSU: 26
Previous Professional Experience: Journalism
Member of: American Library Association; American
Society for Information Science and Technology; Association for the Advancement
of Computers in Education; and
Grant reviewer for the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Minnesota Department of Education.
Member of Board of Directors for Southeastern Libraries Cooperating/Southeast Library System .
Selected Recent Presentations and Publications
· Dennison, R. and Larson, K. (2005). Laptop
Workstations: An information gallery's response to user needs. Poster
session presented at the Association of College and Research Libraries National
· Dennison, R., Anderson, C., Demas, S.
and Larson, K. (2004, October). The library’s
role in the changing university. Panel presentation at
Minnesota Library Association Annual Conference,
· Leighton, H.,
· Misselt, B.,
Durivage, C, & Dennison, R., (2002, October) Curbcuts in
· Dennison, R. (2001). Define Appropriate Internet Resources to Improve Student Research. The Teaching Professor. Vol. 15, No. 7, August/September 2001, p. 8-10. Reprinted in The Well-Turned Word, Vol. 21, No. 9, Fall, 2001, newsletter of the Conference of English Instructors.
· Dennison, R. (2000). Panelist at
· Dennison, R. (2000). Don't Use a Hammer: A typology of internet tools.TechTrends, Vol. 44, No. 4, p. 26-29.
· Dennison, R. (2000). Quality
assessment of collection development through tiered checklists: Can you
prove you are a good collection developer?
· Dennison, R. (2000). Usage-Based Staffing of the Reference Desk.Reference and User Services Quarterly. Vol. 39, No. 2, p. 158-65.
· Dennison, R. (1999). Circulating
Selectors: Whose selections circulate the most: faculty, librarians, or
the Choice Outstanding List? Poster session presented at the ALA Annual
· Dennison, R. (1999). Web Searching. Technology Teacher: Journal of the International Technology Education Association . Vol.58, No. 8, May/June 1999, pages 6-9.
· Dennison, R. (1998). Can
Institutional Differences in OPAC Search Patterns be Explained by Bibliographic
Instruction. Poster session presented at the ALA Annual Conference,
· Dennison, R. &
Dennison, M. Ito (1998). Circulation Eqalitarianism:
A Longitudinal Study. Poster session presented at the ALA Annual
· Dennison, R. (1997). Course on a Diskette. Chapter in James L. Morrison
(Ed.), Technology Tools for Today's Campuses .
· Dennison, R. (1997, June). Using HTML for Course Materials. Paper presented at
the Electronic Academy Summer Institute,
· Dennison, R. (1997, June 10). Access is becoming Temporary Ownership.Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues [On-line serial], No. 183.
· Dennison, R. (1997, June). Cyberspace
needs a Devil . Paper presented at the World Conference on
Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia,
· Dennison, R. (1996, March 27). Accreditation may be the Answer.Newsletter on Serials Pricing Issues [On-line serial], No. 160.
· Long, C., Dennison, R., &
Dennison, M. Ito. (1996, February). What's for
Special Educators on the Internet? Paper presented at the Minnesota Council
for Exceptional Children/State Coordinators' Conference,
Other Interests:Heraldry and Fencing
Maintained by Russ Dennison . Last updated on August 14, 2007