Autodocs: Software for Federal Depository Libraries
Autodocs is an electronic check-in and shelflist system designed to
be used with Microsoft Access 97 or later. It allows one to download an
electronic shipping list to check-in and shelflist receipts without keying in
shipping list data. There is a method of handling items that regularly arrive
without a shipping list. Labels are generated only at the end of the session,
not at the end of each shipping list, thereby reducing the number of wasted
blank labels. with Autodocs 1.3, I have built in Stan Price's algorithm for
sorting correctly by Sudoc number.
Autodocs: A Federal Documents Check-in System a text
file that introduces Autodocs and gives detailed features added to version 1.4.
FAQ and Guide
Autodocs: Frequently Asked Questions and User's Guide: now
available in html here at the Autodocs server.
Autodocs 1.4: in Zip file ready to download.
Please register below if you download and use a copy of Autodocs.
I will keep a list of people who are interested in Autodocs, so
that I can keep you informed about upgrades. I will not use the
list for purposes other than announcements. How to Load Autodocs.
How to load Autodocs
- Download the zipped copy from this site.
- If you do not already have such a directory, create a directory with the path c:\data\access.
While it is not required to have Autodocs operate in a directory with this path, the path is the
default path within Autodocs for finding the incoming shipping list, and things will go more smoothly all
around if everything is in that directory.
- Unzip the autodocs directory into c:\data\access.
- You may want to print out and read the documentation files:
- autodocs readme first.txt -- General Information describing Autodocs
- autoFAQ.htm -- Frequently asked Questions and User's Guide
- procedures14.doc -- Check-in procedures for processing documents using Autodocs.
(RTF is rich text format, and it can be opened in most word processors more advanced than
- Open Microsoft Access 97. Then find and open Autodocs.mdb in the directory that you
- To get the start page, click on the top tab labelled "Forms." Then click on the form named
"Switchboard" and click on the "Open" button.
Click here to download a zipped copy of the
Conversion kit to convert from 1.3 to 1.4.
You do not need to register again for the conversion kit.