Marketing Careers and Internships
More than a third of all careers are marketing related, so majoring or minoring in marketing provides a wide variety of career opportunities. Since positions in marketing provide broad experience in understanding products and consumers, they are often a pathway to the highest levels of an organization. More than half of executives in senior leadership positions have a marketing background.
Common Marketing Careers
Recent WSU graduates have accepted positions such as:
- Merchandise Planner at Target Corporation
- Underwriter Trainee at Federated Insurance Company
- Transportation Sales at CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- Executive Manager at Menards
- Financial Associate at Thrivent Financial
- Product Manager at Fastenal Corporation
Internships provide you real-world experience while you earn credit toward your degree at the same time. Recent examples of internships include positions at:
- Target Corp.
- Daktronics Inc.
- Steven Hawks Winery
- Fastenal Co.
- Mercer Transportation Co.
- State Farm Insurance
- Winona Red Cross