Clubs & Activites
Mass Communication students have the opportunity to take part in numerous clubs and other activities:
- American Advertising Federation provides student with current advertising information and skills that better prepare them for jobs in the industry.
- The National Broadcasting Society encourages and rewards scholarship and accomplishment among electronic media students.
- The Public Relations Student Society of America organizes events and hears from PR professionals currently working in the field.
- The Society for Collegiate Journalists encourages and recognizes student excellence, organizes campus speakers and projects, and champions student media causes.
- The KQAL 89.5 radio station is student-staffed and any student on campus can be involved in the station, which also is the radio home of the WSU Warriors.
- The Winona360 civic media project distributes the photos, stories or blogs of students wishing to gain experience and develop their skills outside class.
- The Navajo Oral History project, a three-week summer program, produces documentaries on the lives and wisdom of Navajo elders. Faculty members and students from WSU and the Navajo Nation’s Dine College in Arizona work together.
- Bravura, the online publication of seniors in the journalism option and the photography and digital imaging option.